Request Senior Care
Clinical Research Studies Detailed
Coverage: Conditions that must be met before Medicare will provide coverage, and limits to coverage.
Medicare will help pay for some of your costs if you join a covered clinical research study.
Medicare pays routine costs for items and services, including:
- Room and board for a hospital stay that Medicare would pay for even if you weren't in a covered research study.
- An operation to implant an item that’s being tested.
- Treatment of side effects and complications that may result from the study.
- The new item or service the study is testing (except for certain medical devices) unless Medicare would cover the item or service even if you weren't in a study.
- Items and services the study gives for free. Many times the study sponsor will give the treatment for free.
- Items or services given only to collect data and not used in your direct health care, like monthly CT scans for a condition that usually requires only a yearly scan.
- Coinsurance and deductibles.
CoPayment: The amount you need to pay.
You may have to pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount, depending on the treatment you get. The Part B deductible may apply.
Medicare Part: The part of Medicare that pays for this service or supply.
Organization Name: The organization name that this coverage topic is associated with.
Important Notes: Details regarding important notes about the coverage.