Request Senior Care
Outpatient Hospital Services Detailed
Coverage: Conditions that must be met before Medicare will provide coverage, and limits to coverage.
Medicare Part B covers medically necessary services you get as an outpatient from a Medicare-participating hospital for diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury.
Covered outpatient hospital services include:
- Services in an emergency room or outpatient clinic, including same-day surgery;
- Laboratory tests billed by the hospital;
- Mental health care in a partial hospitalization program, if a physician certifies that inpatient treatment would be required without it;
- X-rays and other radiology services billed by the hospital;
- Medical supplies such as splints and casts; and
- Drugs and biologicals that you cannot give yourself.
CoPayment: The amount you need to pay.
You pay 20% of Medicare-approved amounts for the doctor.
You pay a set copayment amount based on each service received.
Medicare Part: The part of Medicare that pays for this service or supply.
Organization Name: The organization name that this coverage topic is associated with.
Important Notes: Details regarding important notes about the coverage.
You must pay an annual $147 deductible for Part B services and supplies before Medicare begins to pay its share.