Request Senior Care
Oxygen Therapy Detailed
Coverage: Conditions that must be met before Medicare will provide coverage, and limits to coverage.
Medicare covers rental of oxygen equipment, or if you own your own equipment, Medicare will help pay for oxygen contents and supplies for the delivery of oxygen under these conditions:
- Your doctor says you have a severe lung disease or you're not getting enough oxygen and your condition might improve with oxygen therapy.
- Your arterial blood gas level falls within a certain range.
- Other alternative measures have been tried and failed, or were not helpful for you.
Medicare helps pay for:
- Systems for furnishing oxygen
- Containers that store oxygen
- Tubing and related supplies for the delivery of oxygen
- Oxygen contents
If oxygen is provided only for use during sleep, portable oxygen would not be covered.
Portable oxygen is not covered when provided only as a backup to a stationary oxygen system.
CoPayment: The amount you need to pay.
You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount.
Medicare Part: The part of Medicare that pays for this service or supply.
Organization Name: The organization name that this coverage topic is associated with.
Important Notes: Details regarding important notes about the coverage.
You must pay an annual $147 deductible for Part B services and supplies before Medicare begins to pay its share.