Ask Karen

Browse Postings - Ask a Question

Search Content For:

The Joint Commission

Posted: 7/11/2012
kathy, CA:

I am looking for a JACHO accrediated facility in Lancaster, CA for my mother


Dear C.,

Nursing Home Inspector is a research tool here on Carepathways and a great place to begin searching. The National Institute on Aging also features a research instrument on their site.

Most facilities market their Joint Commission certification; many include CARF. It is unclear if you are looking for dementia care. Once you have a list of facilities, simply inquire about their certification. Also ask about their survey and any plan of correction. While you are at it, examine their state survey as well.

Best of luck; thanks for writing in.

Karen L. Rice, LNHA, Gerontologist, Mediator

Alzheimer’s & Family Care Management

Alzheimer Mediation For Dementia Conflict