Bed Sore / Skin / Wound Scar Treatment Self-adherent Silicone Dressing for Scar Care
Prod ID: SC293499-BX5
Mepiform® silicone dressings are designed for the management of old and new hypertrophic scars and keloids. Mepiform can also be used on closed wounds which may prevent the formation of hypertrophic scars and keloids. Mepiform is made of a thin and pliable polyurethane, viscous, nonwoven backing covered with a soft silicone Safetac layer. The Safetac layer is protected by a polyolefin release film. Topical silicone has empirically been shown to have a positive impact on hypertrophic scars and keloids. Mepiform should be worn for a minimum of 12 hours daily, and if possible 24 hours per day, with twice daily washing. The dressing can be reapplied. It may take from 3 months up to a year or more to improve an old scar, depending on the condition of the scar tissue. For prophylactic treatment, Mepiform treatment should begin soon after surgical closure, when the incision has fully epithelialised, and be continued for at least 1 month.
• Thin, discreet, flexible and comfortable
• Vapour-permeable and waterproof
• Adheres gently to fragile tissue and skin ensuring removal with minimal trauma and pain
1. Open the packaging and remove the dressing. If required, cut to appropriate size allowing at least 1 cm overlap of the scar area. >br> 2. Before applying Mepiform make sure the scar area and surrounding skin are clean and dry. If used together with ointment or cream, ensure that the dressing covers the treated area and adheres to dry skin.
3. Remove the protective film and apply Mepiform over the scar or newly closed wound. Avoid stretching when applying over joints.
4. Remove the dressing at least once per day for inspection and washing of the skin. The dressing can then be reapplied.
5. Mepiform should, under normal conditions, be changed every 3-7 day or when the dressing no longer sticks in place. The dressing is waterproof and can be worn while bathing and showering.