Making in-depth connected relationships within the home care environment is the greatest reward for becoming an in-home caregiver. We are looking for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and Personal Care Assistants (PCAs), and to join our growing team and help to bring our unique care philosophy to life. Homewatch CareGivers of New Haven offers you flexible hours, incentive programs, career advancement, paid mileage, and training unequaled in our industry. Whether you are currently working in this field or are ready to rejoin the workforce after taking time off for your own family, this is an incredible opportunity to feel great about your job and the impact it has on others. Use our new Care+ smartphone app to keep track of your work schedule, shift responsibilities, communicate with the office and family and much more.
We are looking for CNAs and PCAs ready to provide quality in-home care, but also to develop an enriching and meaningful relationships with our clients. Our clients often require assistance with activities of daily living, but also require assistance staying connected with the outside world through social activities, appointments, and errands; your role as a CNA/PCA caregiver helps them to live life to their fullest. Our Care+ smart phone app keeps track of our client care plans, changes in ADL status and outcomes. This position allows for a full scope of interaction with the client in their home including assistance with their activities of daily living, maintaining their home environment, and keeping them engaged with the outside world.
Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which includes but is not limited to:
· Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair
· Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
· Medication Reminders
· Reinforcement of Dressing
· Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
· Performs light homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathroom.
Benefits and Training:
• Flexible hours, full-time work available
• Use our new Care+ App to track your work schedule, see caregiving responsibilities for each shift, help with family communication, and more
• Competitive pay
• Advancement opportunity to team leadership positions
• Online Training programs include 12 hours of paid annual coursework
• On-going CEU’s available to maintain certification eligibility
• Referral bonuses provided for exceptional caregiver recruits (minimum work hours and employment duration apply and must be in good standing)
• Paid holidays and vacation time accrual
• Must be able to provide verification of any certifications held
• Experience as a caregiver in a home care setting or skilled facility
• Must pass national and multi-jurisdictional background checks and Department of Motor Vehicle check
• Must be able to meet quality standards of care during shifts and follow standard procedures for engaging with the rest of the care team
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $11.00 to $14.00 /hour
Each week we host Walk-in Wednesdays for job applicants at our office from 9 am-5 pm. Interviews are granted as time permits. For an On-the-Spot Interview, head to our office the second Thursday of each month between 4-7 pm. RSVP by calling the office.