Please call or email us for our current openings.
Description: 1. Caregivers provide service to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions. Services may include assistance with the activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship and respite. 2. Caregivers are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant the local offices policies and industry standards.
Reporting Relationship: 1. Reports to Supervisor
Responsibilities/Activities: 1. Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care including: a. Bathing; b. Mouth care; c. Dressing; d. Hair care; e. Feeding; f. Toileting; g. Medication reminding; h. Skin care; and, i. Exercise.
2. Ensure client’s safety and security by supervising the home environment;
3. Teach/perform meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry;
4. Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind;
5. Provides respite care for families in accordance with care plans;
6. Perform/assist with essential shopping/errands, which may include handling the client’s money in accordance with the care plan and under the observation of the supervisor;
7. Assist clients with following a written, special diet plan and reinforcement of diet maintenance, which is provided under the direction of a physician and as identified on the care plan;
8. Escort clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping and outings as specified in the care plan;
9. Assist clients with communication by writing or typing correspondence for them or researching information for them;
10. Participate on the Care Team by providing input and making suggestions;
11. Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices;
12. Monitor supplies and resources;
13. Follow the written care plan;
14. Carry out duties as assigned by the supervisor;
15. Observe clients and their environments and reports unsafe conditions to supervisor;
16. Observe clients and their environments and reports behavior, physical and/or cognitive changes and/or changes in living arrangements to supervisor;
17. Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service;
18. Attend orientation, in-service training sessions and staff meetings;
19. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others;
20. Communicate with Supervisor and co-workers.