POSITION SUMMARY: Works under the supervision of the Nursing Supervisor or designated Registered Nurse. Provides direct patient care as assigned by the Registered Nurse. Provides quality and delivery of home health care services. Assists in the home health care services that reflect the home health care agency philosophy and standards of home health nursing care of assigned clients.
• High school graduation required
• Home Health Aide certification required as obtained through successful completion of an approved program
• Shall have one year-full-time experience as a HHA or CNA in in an institutional setting, such as a hospital or nursing home, OR shall have one year full-time experience within the last five years in direct patient care as a HHA or CNA
• Evidence of sympathetic attitude toward care of the sick
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, and carry out directions
• Evidence of maturity and ability to deal effectively with job demands
• Good verbal and written communications skills required
• Attends twelve (12) hours of Aide oriented in services per year
• Participates in professional meetings when directed
• Shall have a criminal history check conducted prior to being offered permanent employment with this agency
• Is able to work closely supervised to ensure competence in providing patient care
• Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
• Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
• Ability to deal effectively with stress.
• Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Able to bend and stand an average of 6 hours per day.
• Able to lift up to 50-75 pounds.
• Able to write up to 3 hours per day.
• Able to work in a stressful environment.
• Able to drive 50-100 miles per day.
• Able to assess and communicate with ill patients, co-workers, and general public.
• Is neat in appearance and practice, with good personal hygiene.