• Assist clients with basic personal care, including bathing, dressing, and grooming
• Supports clients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks, running errands.
• Accompany client to doctor’s visits or other appointments/errands
• Maintain accurate records of home visits, including travel time and time with a patient, as well as services performed
• Maintain a clean and healthy environment for the client
• Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures, maintaining security precautions
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
• Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
• Report on the client's needs, on changes in the client’s needs, changes in the client’s condition, and any observed problems that affect them.
• Conducts respite/sitter/companion tasks to provide temporary relief to clients and their families under the direction of the Nurse Supervisor supervisor and per the client’s service plan.
Companion/sitters tasks may also include socialization (e.g., reading, escort, walking with clients).
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Access to reliable transportation
• Must be respectful and compassionate
• Familiarity with basic nutrition and personal hygiene standards
• Current and Valid Driver’s License (If transporting clients DL must be without speeding or moving violations in the past 3 years)
• Proof of Auto Insurance (if transporting clients)
• TB Test (Required. Within a year and redone annually)
• Health Statement (Required)
• Level II Background Screening (Required)
• Social Security Card (or valid green card. Required)
• Reliable transportation (Required)
• Must be at least 18 years old (Required)
• Ability to work weekdays as well as some weekends
• Companion/Sitter: 1 year (Preferred)