Radiocw Healthcare in Gaithersburg, MD Our Goal is to provide safe and ethical care that allows seniors to remain in the comfort of their home through the provision of appropriate caring staff like you. We want you to join our team to a make a difference in the community with your loving care.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT(CNA)
A Certified Nursing Assistant provides quality resident care as specified on the nursing plan of care
assignment sheets according to policies and procedures of the Radiocw-Healthcare.
This Skill increases Supervisory RN visit frequency from every 4 to every 3 months.
Ø Bed bath/Tub/Shower
Ø Transfer assistance- Bed to chair
Ø Uses of equipment: Wheel chair, Hoyer lift, walker, cane
Ø Assistance with feeding (aspiration precaution)
Ø Medication reminders only.
Ø Infection Control: hand washing, uses of gloves, uses of sanitizer
Ø Patient care documentation
Ø Event to report to RN
1. Must be registered on the Maryland Board of Nursing.
2. Must pass a background check.
3. Must be able to communicate orally or in writing with residents, co-workers, families and public.
4. Has desire and ability to care for geriatric, convalescent, chronically, seriously or terminally ill-residents with respect, caring, and understanding.
5. Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation, without posing a direct threat to other employees, residents, or self.
6. Has a pleasant manner and good grooming and hygiene.
7. Must understand the importance of confidentiality as outlined in personnel policies.
8. Must be able to function independently, professionally, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
9. Must be able to work together as a team and work independently.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Must be able to do job according to the following Physical Job Demands
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crouch and kneel occasionally.
Must be able to twist, reach above shoulder height, push/pull wheelchair frequently.
Must be able to be on their feet for most of their shift as assigned.
Must be able to push, pull, move or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 4 feet and be able to push, pull, move or carry, such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
Must be able to read and understand handwriting, regular print, and directions. Must be able to write in a legible manner.
Must be able to hear sounds of residents calls for assistance.
Must be able to perform manipulative tasks using items such as safety pins, buttons, snaps, etc..
Must be able to assist residents with transfers and ambulation-Must be able to move in small spaces and between objects.
Must have emotional stability to deal effectively with stress created by sick resident, must be able to handle multiple tasks, noises, interruptions and must be able to work cooperatively as part of the health care team while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
The CNA must be familiar with the Comar 10.07.05
Federal immigration law requires us to verify the authorization of all new employees to work in the U.S. From the below list please circle documents you could present if you are offered employment.
1. United States Passport.
2. Certified of U.S. Citizenship
3. Certificate of Naturalization.
4. Un-expired foreign passport with attached employment authorization
5. Alien registration card containing your photograph and other identifying information
6. Temporary resident card with expiration date.
7. Driver’s license or State I.D card if it contains a photograph or personal identification information
8. U.S. Military Identification Card
9. School ID card with photograph
10. Voter registration card
11. Original Social Security Number Card
12. Certificate of birth in the U.S. bearing a seal or other certification
13. Un-expired INS employment authorization
14. U.S. Citizen ID card
15. Native American Tribal Document.
16. Age: Must be above 18 years of Age