The Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide is a member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care and companion care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. The CNA /HHA will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care.
• Provide client care as directed by the registered nurse supervisor.
• Provide personal care including:
• Bathing and Grooming
• Assist the client with dressing and undressing
• Assist the client with toileting activities
• Feed and clients who are unable/able to feed themselves
• Take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
• Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown
• Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
• Provide client with help walking and transferring
• Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions
• Document observed changes and report to the Agency/ RN
• Measure and document intake and output
• Medication reminder
• Perform light housekeeping
• Perform meal preparation and clean up
• Change bed linens and make up the client’s bed
• Maintain an orderly client environment.
• Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping if necessary
• Participates in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care.
• Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
• Certification as a CNA /HHA/ GNA
• Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required.
• Certified in CPR/FIRST AID