This position is in Allentown PA
Position: Home Care Aide
Works under the supervision of the Administrator.
Provides personal care as assigned by the employee’s supervisor. Assists in the home care
reflecting the Agency’s Mission and Philosophy.
Care givers are prohibited from giving any form of medication to clients unless they have medication training and certification
• High school graduation required
• Evidence of sympathetic attitude toward care of the physically challenged
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, and carry out directions
• Evidence of maturity and ability to deal effectively with job demands
• Good verbal and written communications skills required
• Attends twelve (12) hours of Aide oriented in services per year
• Participates in professional meetings when directed
• Shall have all pre-employment criminal background checks prior to being offered permanent employment with the agency
• Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
• Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
• Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Able to bend and stand an average of 6 hours per day.
• Able to lift up to 50-75 pounds.
• Able to write up to 3 hours per day.
• Able to work in a stressful environment.
• Able to drive 50-100 miles per day.
• Able to assess and communicate with ill patients, co-workers, and general public.
. Able to transfer patient using lift, hoyer
. Able to pivot patient