Job Summary: Provide supportive and personalservices for the patients with consideration of dignity and privacy. Providepersonal care and hygiene to home health patients and Willing to work 12 to 5pm Monday to Friday.
1. Has reliable transportation
2. Ability read, write and followdirections.
4. A minimum of two year full-timeexperience in direct patient in an institutional setting (hospital or nursingfacility) or one year full-time experience within the last five years in directclient care in an agency setting.
5. Have demonstrated competency in the taskassigned when competency cannot be determined through education and experience;and
6. Be at least 18 years of age or, if under18 years of age, be a high school graduate or enrolled in a vocationaleducation program.
7. Work positively and favorably withpatients, families, and staff.
8. Demonstrate compassion, responsibility,and cheerful attitude.
9. Listed on the nurse aide registry withno finding against the aide relating to client abuse or neglect ormisappropriation of client property.
Responsibilities/essential functions: The person in this position must beable to perform the following essential job functions with or withoutreasonable accommodations.
1. Followthe instructions of the professional nurse/therapist in providing care.*
2. Provide assistance with hygiene such asbathing, oral care, and dressing.*
3. Perform and record accurate measurements(i.e. vital signs, or intake/output as instructed in the care plans). *
4. Observe and report any safety hazardsfound in the client’s home or any significant observations regarding theclient.*
5. Attend staff meetings, attend/complete12 hours of annual in-services, and participates in orientation of newemployees. *
6. Report patient complaints to the Office *
7. Maintain patient confidentiality/adheresto HIPPA requirements and agency policy and procedures manual. *
8. Possess the ability to follow writtenand oral instructions. *
9. Report abnormal findings in patient’sconditions as observed and per care plan to RN. *
10. Perform the following task whendelegated
• Non-invasiveand non-sterile treatments
• Collectionand documentation of vital signs, height, weight, I/O, environmentalsituations. client behaviors,
• Ambulation,positioning, and turning
• Personalhygiene and elimination (irritations, enemas)
• Healthteaching reinforcement that has been planned and reinforced by the RN
*WORKENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative ofthose required by an employee to perform to the essential functions of this jobwith or without reasonable accommodations.*
Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to communicate effectively; Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hard copy form; Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and other related equipment; Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to safely lift, move, or maneuver whatever may be necessary to successfully perform the duties of their position; Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment; and Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment, with frequent travel to a variety of field sites.
Employee works in an office environment sometimes with moderate noise levels,controlled temperature conditions and sometimes travels to patients homes wherethey may have direct exposure to hazardous substances. Employees may interactwith upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting andenforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Employee will have to travel to a variety of patient homes and perform inconditions that vary greatly depending upon the client’s home environment. Somehomes will be clean, neat, and maintained at a comfortable temperature. Otherhomes may be cluttered, dirty, with an uncomfortable temperature.
The above listreflects the essential functions and other job functions considered necessaryof the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description ofall work requirements that may be inherent in the job, or assigned bysupervisory personnel. This jobdescription is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities andjob duties.