Areas We Serve: Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Washington
COVENANT HUMAN SERVICES, LLC
Independent Living Skills (ILS) Providers
We believe in your abilities, not disability.
To provide and inspire hope, promote independence and well-being, self-sufficiency and dignified community living for persons with disabilities and seniors.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY: Covenant Human Services (CHS) LLC, is a licensed home and community based waiver support services for persons with disabilities and seniors age 65 and older.
Covenant Human Services provides person centered, culturally responsive Independent Living Skills (ILS) for persons or individuals, eligible for the Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI), Brain Injury (BI) and Developmental Disabilities (DD).
We also provide housing access coordination (HAC) services for individuals in need of housing.
We are fully committed to what is important to the person(s) rather than, what is important for them. Our services are persons led and directed. We provide the necessary support to enable them achieve their goals.
Our Goal: To help the persons we support, enhance or advance their independence to the highest possible level. Consequently, be known for their talents, abilities, and interests rather than their deficits, disability, or difficulties.
Who We Serve: We work with youths, adults and seniors with mental health lived experiences and physical health challenges, eligible for the Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI), Brain Injury (BI) and Developmental Disabilities (DD) waivers.
WHAT ARE INDEPENDENT LIVING SKILLS?
Independent Living Skills are the skills needed to perform everyday tasks. We can assist you in learning a variety of these skills to help you become more independent.
• Maintaining your household
• Preparing nutritious meals
• Understanding concept of time
• Using a clock to plan activities
• Using a calendar appropriately
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Maintaining good personal health
• Scheduling medications
• Preparing for medical emergencies
• Utilizing public transportation
• Scheduling transportation
• Shopping behaviors
• Attending entertainment venues
• Using public services
• Caring for clothing
• Selecting appropriate wardrobe
• Repairing clothing
• Budgeting your money
• Maintaining your checking account
• Understanding SSI/SSDI
• Maintaining good hygiene habits
• Using cosmetics and cologne appropriately
• Understanding of social etiquette
• Utilizing appropriate manners
• Learning how to deal with others
• Studying for driving test
• Applying for proper documentation
Please mention CarePathways when you call us :)